Fantastic turn out for the Green New Deal Town Hall in Yellowknife! Photo by Kevin O'Reilly.
Every day, Council of Canadians chapters are active in communities across the country. #CouncilChapters are made up of volunteers who work with local community groups, organized labour and others to promote the Council’s campaigns to protect water and public health care, work for fair trade, climate justice and democracy as well as other issues of social and economic concern. Check out some of our chapters’ recent actions below.
If you are interested in joining a Council of Canadians chapter near you, please check out our Chapter Contacts, call us toll-free at 1-800-387-7177, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also help you start a chapter if there isn’t one in your community.
- Ottawa: Learn more about your billion dollar pipeline, June 4, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Sooke: Book tour with author Dahr Jamail, June 4, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Montreal: A billion dollar pipeline and a Green New Deal, June 5, 2019 - 7:00pm
- Guelph: Day of Action to Resist Ford Cuts, June 7, 2019 - 2:30pm
Join the Fridays for Future strike each Friday in London in front of City Hall from 3-5 p.m.
#CouncilChapters continue to support and attend #ClimateStrike events in solidarity. If you haven’t already, take a minute to tell your MP to support the student #ClimateStrike.
Chapters in the news
- Green New Deal event energizes climate-change conversation, BradfordToday, May 30, 2019
- Coasters push for a 'Green New Deal', Coast Reporter, May 28, 2019
- Blog: Montréal main French school board becomes a Blue Community
Help amplify #CouncilChapters online!
Here are a few recent highlights online – reTweet, share, like & follow!